Nov. 05, 2020
Why does the submersible pump trip after a few minutes of operation? The following two ideas are for reference only, and you can troubleshoot from both electrical and mechanical failures.
First of all, for mechanical reasons, I think it is more likely that the bearing is short of oil and the impeller is stuck by foreign matter. When the bearing is short of oil or the impeller is jammed by foreign objects (such as ropes, stones, etc.), the motor is overloaded and the current increases. Then the thermal relay will make the contactor coil de-energize and trip; if there is no thermal relay, the MCB may also trip.
Secondly, it may also be because the water is too shallow and the submersible pump is not completely covered by the water. If the submersible pump is not covered by water, it will not get good heat dissipation, the temperature of the motor will rise, and it may also cause a trip.
1. Short circuit between turns
When the motor coil insulation is broken, it may cause a short circuit between turns (part of the coil is shorted). A short circuit between turns will shorten the effective length of the coil, decrease the impedance, and increase the current, which will cause the air switch to trip.
2. The power cord is too long
Although the subject said that the voltage is normal, it did not specify where the voltage is.
If the power cord is too long and the line resistance is large, there will be more voltage drops. That is, although the switch terminal voltage is normal, the voltage to the submersible pump is not enough. If the motor voltage is insufficient, the current will rise, which will also cause a trip.
3. The switch is too small
If the rated current of the switch is too small, when the submersible pump runs for a period of time, the switch will trip due to overload. When selecting the switch, you must ensure that the rated current of the switch is greater than the actual current of the submersible pump.
4. Insufficient capacitance
If it is a submersible pump that was used normally before, and it trips after a period of time, it may also be because the capacitance of the submersible pump is too small. A small capacitor capacity will cause the phase between the main and auxiliary windings of the motor to change, and the rotation force and speed of the motor will decrease, resulting in insufficient power and larger current.
Why choose us? eight advantages:
1. Fast delivery! Stock pumps can be shipped quickly;
2. Reliable quality! The pump has been manufactured for many years and there are many new and old customers;
3. Competitive price! The manufacturer directly supplies without the need for an intermediary.
4.The motor and the water pump are integrated, run in water, no sparks, explosion-proof, reliable, and safe.
5. There are no special requirements for the good pipe, as long as the pipe can bear the corresponding pressure.
6. Easy to install and maintain, occupy a small area, no need to build a pump house.
7. Simple structure, saving raw materials
8. High efficiency, energy-saving, single-stage, large flow, high head, imported German high efficiency, and energy-saving motor. Namely: the submersible motor can reach 110kw (the maximum outer diameter is 132mm), the secondary speed (2900/min) can reach 410kw, and the minimum outer diameter can reach 134mm.
If you would like to know more, please contact us.